Our work focuses mainly on addressing the security, reliability (quality of service (QoS) and resource management) and application requirements of these emerging wireless technologies. Specifically, we work on:
- Vulnerability analysis of WiFi, WiMAX, Ad Hoc wireless, RFID/NFC, Sensor (WSN – Wireless Sensor Networks and WBAN – Wireless Body Area Networks) and Smartphone networks
- Design of Cryptographic algorithms for group key management in resource-constrained networks
- Design of security best practices, risk mitigation and analysis, and design of intrusion detection / prevention mechanisms
- Enhancement of QoS in 3G+ wireless networks, optical burst switching techniques for QoS, and performance analysis of wireless networks
- Design and analysis of security mechanisms for the cloud
- Design, implementation and evaluation of smartphone applications
We are also grateful to our industry partners:
- Cistel Technology
- Sanstream Technologies
- Techmologies Sanstream
- Wi4Tech Inc., a startup company founded out of MYTechLab
- EyeRead (a subsidiary of Norex.ca)
- ExactDeposit Inc.
- HealthQR Inc.
- eOLIO Inc.
- HomeSafeLiving Inc.
- Progeny Software
- ViTRAK Systems, PEI
- DSM Telecom, Halifax
- Solution Inc., Halifax
- Sheepdog Inc., Halifax
- Timeless Medical, Charlottetown, PEI
Our work has been mainly funded by: